Just returned home from TTSH. Yes, again, this time my granddaddy is inside. I was actually carrying light footsteps as I was going there cause I thought my granddaddy would be like grandma, where he will be able to be discharged after a while. However, things are not looking on the bright side this time.
When I just arrived there, I thought my relatives would be sitting outside, but I saw no one. So I called mum and asked her where she is, she replied in a rather harsh tone. Anyway, I went into the Coronary Care Unit (Yes, ICU again.) and saw my uncles and aunties, all red in the eye, sniffing away, hands trembling. My mum even cried. I can tell she cried. I myself, isn't that emotional to cry, not even when I sprained my ankle and went to the chinese physician, I never did cried. My mum's stronger than me, but if she cried, you can guess how serious it was.
Soon after, the doctor came. Although the nurse and the doctor were communicating to each other, I heard from them that my granddaddy's blood pressure is too low. But if they increase dosage to increase his blood pressure, his heart beat goes up and heart attack may occur. So they couldn't do anything. The doctor proceeded on to tell us about granddaddy's condition. It appeared that he has had heart attacks before, but he kept it from all of us, including my parents and uncles/aunties. Here I was, all along thinking that he only had serious asthma problems. Who knows it has led to a much bigger issue. The doctor also disclosed that my granddaddy is suffering from heart attack, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, diabetes, and lung infection. His lungs are also filled with water, and he is 76 years old. It was until today only did all of us, including my uncle who lived with him, that he has diabetes. All along the visits to clinics were like throwing money away cause the doctor there said he does not have diabetes. Shows how unreliable clinics are, eh? Worse to worst, the doctor told us to be mentally prepared in case granddaddy doesn't pull through today, cause he is in serious critical condition.
Godmum drove third uncle, mum and me to some temple where they said is very accurate to ask for "directions" and to pray for my granddaddy's health. Superstitious, you may say. But if you're in our shoe, any dumb suggestions or what, even if it gives like 0.001% of hope, you'll try it. We went there, where third uncle and mum prayed and asked. The "Deity" said, this is a big crisis, we can only face up to it. Meaning, what's going to come, will come. It felt like, someone pulling and helping you to the top of the mountain and when you're going to reach, they kick you down. You know those kind of feeling?
I thought through many things while in the car. Where I just visited granddaddy last sunday, where he seemed still fit, where he gave me biscuits to eat, asked about my studies, how I'm doing. Regrets, regrets. To think I've only been visiting them like not more than 10 times each year because they live in Yio Chu Kang. I remembered how he used to play with us, make coffee for me, give me biscuits, sweep the garden, clean the canary's cage, fed the dog.
Hopefully granddaddy pulls through, miracle happens, and he will be able to stand up again. Hopefully. Maybe it's because the only grands that I have is from my mother's side because I've never ever seen my paternal grandma before, and I don't really remember my paternal grandpa cause he passed away when I was like, 6. Maybe that's why I'm much more attached to them. Hopefully our prayers are heard. Wish granddaddy a speedy recovery
When I just arrived there, I thought my relatives would be sitting outside, but I saw no one. So I called mum and asked her where she is, she replied in a rather harsh tone. Anyway, I went into the Coronary Care Unit (Yes, ICU again.) and saw my uncles and aunties, all red in the eye, sniffing away, hands trembling. My mum even cried. I can tell she cried. I myself, isn't that emotional to cry, not even when I sprained my ankle and went to the chinese physician, I never did cried. My mum's stronger than me, but if she cried, you can guess how serious it was.
Soon after, the doctor came. Although the nurse and the doctor were communicating to each other, I heard from them that my granddaddy's blood pressure is too low. But if they increase dosage to increase his blood pressure, his heart beat goes up and heart attack may occur. So they couldn't do anything. The doctor proceeded on to tell us about granddaddy's condition. It appeared that he has had heart attacks before, but he kept it from all of us, including my parents and uncles/aunties. Here I was, all along thinking that he only had serious asthma problems. Who knows it has led to a much bigger issue. The doctor also disclosed that my granddaddy is suffering from heart attack, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, diabetes, and lung infection. His lungs are also filled with water, and he is 76 years old. It was until today only did all of us, including my uncle who lived with him, that he has diabetes. All along the visits to clinics were like throwing money away cause the doctor there said he does not have diabetes. Shows how unreliable clinics are, eh? Worse to worst, the doctor told us to be mentally prepared in case granddaddy doesn't pull through today, cause he is in serious critical condition.
Godmum drove third uncle, mum and me to some temple where they said is very accurate to ask for "directions" and to pray for my granddaddy's health. Superstitious, you may say. But if you're in our shoe, any dumb suggestions or what, even if it gives like 0.001% of hope, you'll try it. We went there, where third uncle and mum prayed and asked. The "Deity" said, this is a big crisis, we can only face up to it. Meaning, what's going to come, will come. It felt like, someone pulling and helping you to the top of the mountain and when you're going to reach, they kick you down. You know those kind of feeling?
I thought through many things while in the car. Where I just visited granddaddy last sunday, where he seemed still fit, where he gave me biscuits to eat, asked about my studies, how I'm doing. Regrets, regrets. To think I've only been visiting them like not more than 10 times each year because they live in Yio Chu Kang. I remembered how he used to play with us, make coffee for me, give me biscuits, sweep the garden, clean the canary's cage, fed the dog.
Hopefully granddaddy pulls through, miracle happens, and he will be able to stand up again. Hopefully. Maybe it's because the only grands that I have is from my mother's side because I've never ever seen my paternal grandma before, and I don't really remember my paternal grandpa cause he passed away when I was like, 6. Maybe that's why I'm much more attached to them. Hopefully our prayers are heard. Wish granddaddy a speedy recovery
Comments